TOPIC: Transition from Adolescence
The following represents a
sample of information to get you started and is not meant to be exhaustive.
(Note: Clicking on the following
links causes a new window to be opened. To return to this window, close
the newly opened one).
Center Developed Documents, Resources, and Tools
Other Relevant Documents, Resources, and Tools on the Internet
Transitions From High School to Higher Ed
Student Support in Higher Ed
Transitions From High School to Career
General Supports for Transition into Adulthood
Special Support for Transition into Adulthood
Relevant Publications That Can Be Obtained through Libraries
- After High School: A guide that includes a self-scoring interest survey, an informal assessment of abilities, and an informal assessment of values to help students plan their future after high school. By Harris, B. (2011). Createspace.
- Career pathways: Aligning public resources to support individual and regional economic advancement in knowledge economy. (2006) D. Jenkins. New York: Workforce Strategy Center
- Community and self-report of the facility to community transition needs for adjudicated youth with disabilities. (2005) D. Unruh & M. Bullis. Career Development for Exceptional Individuals, 28, 67-79.
- Disconnected youth: Federal action could address some of the challenges faced by local programs that reconnect youth to education and employment.(2008) Government Accountability Office (GAO08-131).
- Employment and social outcomes associated with vocational programming for youths with emotional or behavioral disorders (2002) W. Corbet, et al., Behavioral Disorders, 27, 358-370.
- Overcoming the odds: Qualitative examination of resilience among formerly incarcerated adolescents. (2001) B. Todis, et al., Exceptional Children, 68, 119-139.
- Transition services for students with significant disabilities in college and community settings: Strategies for planning, implementation, and evaluation. Grigal, M., Neubert, D.A., & Moon, S.M. PRO-ED, Inc: Austin, TX, US, 2005.
- Work, postsecondary education, and psychosocial functioning following the transition from high school. Gore, S. & Aseltine, R.H. In the Journal of Adolescent Research; 2005, 20(6), 615-639.
We hope these resources met your needs. If not, feel free to contact us for further assistance. For additional resources related to this topic, use our search page to find people, organizations, websites and documents. You may also go to our technical assistance page for more specific technical assistance requests.
If our website has been helpful, we are pleased and encourage you to use our site or contact our Center in the future. At the same time, you can do your own technical assistance with "The fine Art of Fishing" which we have developed as an aid for do-it-yourself technical assistance.