TOPIC: Alternative Schools and Alternative Education
The following represents a
sample of information to get you started and is not meant to be exhaustive.
(Note: Clicking on the following
links causes a new window to be opened. To return to this window, close
the newly opened one).
Center Developed Documents, Resources and Tools
Continuing Education Module
Reports & Briefs
Quick Training Aid
Technical Assistant Sampler & Resource Aid
Other Relevant Documents, Resources, and Tools on the Internet
Related Agencies and Websites
Relevant Publications That Can Be Obtained through Libraries
- Alternative American schools: ideals in action. Korn, C.V. (2010). State University of NY Press.
- Alternative Education for the 21st Century: Philosophies, Approaches, Visions. Woods, P.A., & Woods, G.J. (Eds). (2009). Palgrave MacMillan.
- Alternative Schools: A Reference Handbook (2002) Conley, B. E. In: Contemporary Education Issues
- Alternative education: Choices beyond the public school system. Smith, Candace (2001). In: Booklist (Jan 1): 980.
- Alternative Education Strategies: Reducing violence in school and the community. Tobin, T and Sprague, J (2000). In: Journal of Emotional and Behavioral Disorders 8(3): 177.
- Alternative Public School Financing. Disend, DS (2000). In: Clearing House, 74(2): 62.
- Cultural, social, and intrapersonal factors associated with substance use among alternative high school students. Grunbaum, JA; Tortolero, S; Weller, N; Gingiss, P (2000). In: Addictive Behaviors, 25(1): 145-151.
- The hows and whys of alternative education : schools where students thrive. by Leiding, D. (2007). Rowman & Littlefield.
- Research On Alternative And Non-Traditional Education. Dangel, J.R., and Guyton, E.M. (Eds) (2005). Association of Teacher Educators
We hope these resources
met your needs. If not, feel free to contact us for further assistance. For
additional resources related to this topic, use our search
page to find people, organizations, websites and documents. You may
also go to our technical
assistance page for more specific technical assistance requests.
If our website has been helpful, we are pleased and
encourage you to use our site or contact our Center in the future.
At the same time, you can do your own technical assistance with "The
fine Art of Fishing" which we have developed as an aid for do-it-yourself