TA Responses: Transition to College
TOPIC: Transition to College
The following represents a
sample of information to get you started and is not meant to be exhaustive.
(Note: Clicking on the following
links causes a new window to be opened. To return to this window, close
the newly opened one.)
Center Developed Documents, Resources, and Tools on the Internet
Policy & Program Reports & Briefs
Resource Aid Packet
Other Relevant Documents, Resources, and Tools on the Internet
Health and Mental Health
Programs and Projects
Tips, Help, Tools, and Guides
Transfering to a Four Year Institution
Related Agencies and Websites
Relevant Publications That Can Be Obtained Through Libraries
- Campus Daze: Easing the Transition from High School to College. by George Gibbs. (Sep 2006). Octameron Associates.
- Colleges for Students with Learning Disibilities and ADD. Peterson's, Linda Seghers. (Sep 2007). Peterson's.
- College Success for Students With Learning Disabilities. P Cynthia G. Simpson, Vicky G. Spencer. (2009). Prufrock Press Inc.
- A Degree of Commitment: A Freshman's Guide to College Success. By Langton, L.M. (2010). World Parade Books.
- Evaluating the college transition needs of individuals with high-functioning autism spectrum disorders.: An article from: Intervention in School & Clinic. by Diane Adreon and Jennifer Stella Durocher. by Diane Adreon and Jennifer Stella Durocher (2007). Intervention in School & Clinic, 42, 271-279. Thomson Gale pub.
- The Everything College Survival Book: From Social Life To Study Skills--all You Need To Fit Right In (Everything: School and Careers). by Michael S. Malone. (2005). Adams Media.
- Getting By? Tips For A Smoother Transition To College by Robtrice Brawner(August 2007). Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company
- Going to College: Expanding Opportunities for People with Disabilities.by Elizabeth Evans Getzel, Paul Wehman, Paul Wehman, James R. Patton, James R. Patton . (2005). Paul H. Brookes.
- Guiding Teens with Learning Disabilities : Navigating the Transition from High School to Adulthood. by Arlyn Roffman, Loring C. Brinckerhoff, Charles Schwab . (2007). Random House Inc.
- The K&W Guide to Colleges for Students with Learning Disabilities or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Marybeth Kravets, Imy F. Wax. (2007). The Princeton Review.
- Realizing the College Dream With Autism or Asperger Syndrome: A Parent's Guide to Student Success . by Ann Palmer. (2005). Jessica Kingsley Pub.
- Succeeding in College with Asperger Syndrome. John Harpur, Michael Fitzgerald, Maria Lawlor. (2007). Kingsley, Jessica Publishers
- Survival Guide for College Students with ADD or LD. Kathleen G. Nadeau. (2006). American Psychological Association.
- Transition to Postsecondary Education for Students With Disabilities. Carol Kochhar-Bryant, Diane S. Bassett, and Kristine (Kris) W. (Wiest) Webb. (2008). Corwin Press.
- What to Expect When Your Child Leaves for College : A Complete Guide for Parents Only. Mary Spohn. (2008). Atlantic Publishing Company.
We hope these resources
met your needs. If not, feel free to contact us for further assistance. For
additional resources related to this topic, use our search
page to find people, organizations, websites and documents. You may
also go to our technical
assistance page for more specific technical assistance requests.
If our website has been helpful, we are pleased and
encourage you to use our site or contact our Center in the future.
At the same time, you can do your own technical assistance with "The
fine Art of Fishing" which we have developed as an aid for do-it-yourself