Policy Leadership Cadre
for Mental Health in Schools
PURPOSE: To expand, link, and build the capacity of the pool of persons who provide policy leadership for MH in schools at national, state, regional, and local levels. Such leadership includes a policy focus on promoting social-emotional development and preventing psychosocial and MH problems, as well as policies related to treatment of mental illness.
- Suggest Areas for policy analyses
- Share policy information and recommendations
- Provide feedback on Center's reports and other resources
- Develop ideas for advancing the field
Any individual willing to play a leadership role in (a) keeping up-to-date with respect to policy for MH in schools and (b) helping to inform, mobilize, support, and enhance the capability of others.
EXAMPLES OF ACTIVITIES & PRODUCTS:
- About Mental Health in Schools
- Leadership Institutes
- Guidelines for Mental Health in Schools
- Quick Find on Legislation
- A sampling of general references on mental health in schools
- Center reports related the New Freedom Initiative on Mental Health
- Center policy reports
- Center publications and Other resources
- Coalition for Cohesive Policy in Addressing Barriers to Learning & Development
- National Initiatitve: New Directions for Student Support
- Scholastic and AASA Collaboration
- Call To Action & Outreach Campaign / Steps you can Take
NEW! Special Resource focused on advancing the field
From Corwin Press
Mental Health in Schools: Engaging Learners,
Preventing Problems, and Improving Schools
If you are unable to link to the Corwin site, click here to view a flyer.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher. Click here to download.
If you are unable to download the document please contact us. We can send you a copy by mail.
This page is hosted by
School Mental Health Project-UCLA
Center for Mental Health in Schools
WebMaster: Perry Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org)