TOPIC: Safe Schools and Violence Prevention
The following represents a
sample of information to get you started and is not meant to be exhaustive.
(Note: Clicking on the following
links causes a new window to be opened. To return to this window, close
the newly opened one.)
Center Developed Documents, Resources and Tools
Other Relevant Documents, Resources, and Tools on the Internet
- Campus attacks: Targeted violence affecting institutions of higher education
- Crime, Violence, Discipline, and Safety in U.S. Public Schools. Findings from the School Survey on Crime and Safety: 2005-2006 (2007).
- Crime, Violence, Discipline, and Safety in U.S. Public Schools (2009) National Center for Education Statistics, U.S. Department of Education
- Crime, Violence, Discipline, and Safety in U.S. Public Schools. Findings From the School Survey on Crime and Safety: 2009–10
- Crime, Violence, Discipline, and Safety in U.S. Public Schools: Findings From the School Survey on Crime and Safety: 2015-16
- The Effects of Exposure to Community Violence on Aspects of Adolescent Identity Development (2009) D. Schiavone. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing, 22 (2) 99-105.
- The Final Report and Findings of the Safe Schools Initiative: Implications for the Prevention of School Attacks in the United States
- Findings from the School Survey on Crime and Safety: 2003-04
- "First reports evaluating the effectiveness of strategies for prevention of violence: Early childhood home visitation" (2003) Center for Disease Control and
- Indicators of School Crime and Safety: 2008
- Indicators of School Crime and Safety: 2009
- Indicators of school crime and safety: 2012
- Indicators of school crime and safety: 2014
- Indicators of school crime and safety: 2016
- Safe From Harm: Online Anthology on School Security
- School Survey on Crime and Safety
- Student Victimization in U.S. Schools
- Student Victimization in U.S. Schools: Results From the 2015 School Crime Supplement to the National Crime Victimization Survey
- Summary of School Safety Statistics
- Surgeon General Report on Youth Violence
- Youth Violence: General information; What's new? Scientific resources
Related Agencies and Websites
For updated references to this topic, go to Google Scholar
We hope these resources met your needs. If not, feel free to contact us for further assistance. For additional resources related to this topic, use our search page to find organizations, websites and documents. You may also go to our technical assistance page or contact email@example.com for more specific technical assistance requests.
If our website has been helpful, we are pleased and encourage you to use our site or contact our Center in the future.