What is a listserv?
A listserv is a discussion group distributed through email. To "join" the discussion you must subscribe to the listserv. To subscribe to a listserv (unless noted otherwise) you need to send an email to the address listed for the listserv with the following line in the text (body) of the message:
SUBSCRIBE <listserv> <e-mail>
Note: Replace <listserv> with the name of the listserv. Replace <e-mail> with your e-mail address. In the following list, the corresponding email list is followed by the listserv name in parentheses. A brief description of the listserv follows. Generally, you will receive instructions for participating in the listserv after you send the request to subscribe.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (mentalhealth-L)
- General listserv for the Center for Mental Health in Schools at UCLA
- General listserv for the Center for School Mental Health (CSMH) at UMB
- http://www.nasponline.org/about_nasp/interestgroups.aspx (Nasp SPAN List)
- The National Association of School Psychologists' (NASP) School Psychologists Action Network list
- email@example.com (leaders-l)
- Listserv for the Leadership Policy Cadre for Mental Health in Schools
- MHSectionfirstname.lastname@example.org (MHSection-l)
- Listserv for Mental health practitioner
- email@example.com (copolicy-l)
- Listserv for the Coalition for Cohesive Policy in Addressing Barriers to Development and Learning.