Grant Announcements, and
Calls for Papers, Comments, and Presenters
If your organization has any requests for proposals or
calls for papers/presenters related to mental health in schools, please
let us know so we can include it here.
allows organizations to electronically find and apply for more than $400 billion in Federal grants. Grants.gov is THE single access point for over 1000 grant programs offered by all Federal grant-making agencies.
Current Grant Announcements
Grants with closing dates----
- FY13 School Breakfast Program Expansion Grants -- CFDA Number(s): 10.579 -- Child Nutrition Discretionary Grants Limited Availability -- Deadline May 17, 2013
- SAMHSA is accepting applications for up to $38 million in State Adolescent Treatment Enhancement and Dissemination grants -- Deadline May 22, 2013
- U.S. Dept. of H&HS Cooperative Agreements for State Adolescent Treatment Enhancement and Dissemination
CFDA Number(s):93.243 -- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services_Projects of Regional and National Significance
Deadline: May 22, 2013 - Application
- OJJDP FY 2013 Community-Based Violence Prevention FIRE Program
CFDA Number(s): 16.541 -- Part E - Developing, Testing and Demonstrating Promising New Programs
Deadline: May 28, 2013 - Application
- Evaluation Research on Police and Technology in Schools
CFDA Number(s): 16.560 -- National Institute of Justice Research, Evaluation, and Development Project Grants
Deadline: Jun 03, 2013 - Application
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS): Training and Information for Parents of Children with Disabilities: Parent Training and Information Centers
CFDA Number(s):84.328M --
Deadline: Jun 10, 2013 - Application
- Project:Connect-Youth Summer Programs will be held July-September, 2013
Deadline: Jun 10, 2013 - Application Info
- Cooperative Agreements for State-sponsored Youth Suicide Prevention and Early Intervention (Short Title: State and Tribal Youth Suicide Prevention Grants)
CFDA Number(s):93.243 --
Deadline: Jun 13, 2013 - Application
- It Takes a Village: Building State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Partnerships for Community Preparedness and Response -- CFDA Number(s): 93.136 -- Injury Prevention and Control Research and State and Community Based Programs
Deadline: Jun 18, 2013 - Application
- Youth Violence Training and Technical Assistance CFDA Number(s):93.136 -- Injury Prevention and Control Research and State and Community Based Programs --
Deadline: Jun 24, 2013 - Application
- Second Chance Act Reentry Program for Juveniles with Co-Occurring Substance Abuse and Mental Health Disorders -- CFDA Number(s): 16.812 -- Second Chance Act Prisoner Reentry Initiative
Deadline: Jun 24, 2013 - Application
- OJJDP FY 2013 Disproportionate Minority Contact Community and Strategic Planning Project
Deadline: July 1, 2013 - Application
- Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): School Leadership Program CFDA Number 84.363A
8, 2013 - Application
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS): Promoting the Readiness of Minors in Supplemental Security Income (PROMISE) CFDA Number 84.418P
19, 2013 - Application
Multi Date Deadlines----
Department of Education
- IES Research and Research Training Grant Programs - (CFDA Numbers: 84.305A, 84.305B, 84.305C, 84.305D, 84.305E, 84.324A, 84.324B, and 84.324C). The submission dates are: June 25th, and October 1st
The Institute of Education Sciences accepts applications twice each year for its research and research training grant programs — generally, the fourth Thursday in June and the first Thursday in October.
Viola W. Bernard Foundation Grant
- Provides grant funding to innovative programs that address the interplay between social conditions and the psychological health of children and families.
Proposed projects should emphasize individual psychosocial services as part of larger programs in community psychiatry, with a preference given to projects and programs in the New York City tri-state area (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut), Vermont, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania. For more information and guidelines for submission
Back to Top
Upcoming Calls for
(Listed by deadline date)
- AASA- American Association of School Administrators February 13-15, 2014, Nashville, TN. Deadline May 17, 2013.
- Learning Disabilities Association of America is seeking submissions for the 2014 Conference to be held in Anaheim, CA, February 19-22, 2014. Anyone wishing to present a paper, conduct a workshop, provide an informational session, or make a formal presentation is invited to submit a proposal.
Deadline for submissions is May 15, 2013. LDA Website
- ASCD- Annual call for proposals for meeting Los Angeles, CA March 15-17, 2014. Deadline May 15, 2013.
- Policy Futures in Education (journal) CALL FOR PAPERS for special issue on
Social Policy, Risk, and Education
. Deadline Sept. 1, 2013.
Guidance for authors
- Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development Conference -- April 14-16, 2014
Denver, Colorado. Those interested in speaking at the event should indicate by the deadline
of Oct. 1, 2013.
Back to Top
- School Psychology Quarterly.
School Psychology Quarterly publishes empirical studies and literature reviews of the psychology of education and services for children in school settings, encompassing a full range of methodologies and orientations, including educational, cognitive, social, cognitive behavioral, preventive, cross-cultural, and developmental perspectives. Focusing primarily on children, youth, and the adults who serve them, School Psychology Quarterly publishes international research advancing science, practice, and policy pertaining to the education of populations across the life span. Anyone wanting to propose a special topic section to be featured in School Psychology Quarterly should e-mail the editor Dr. Shane Jimerson
- International Journal of School Social Work. The School Social Work Association of America (SSWAA), with initial funding from the National Education Association, is developing and publishing a free online international school social work journal. The initial purpose of this journal is to expand the quantitative and qualitative research base supporting school social work services throughout the world. The importance of evidence-based practice has been magnified by the increasing demand to demonstrate student outcomes. This journal will allow school social workers from around the world wider access to current research.
For more information, visit their website at:
- Journal of Youth Development: Bridging Research and Practice is interested in receiving papers for publication consideration in the following categories: (1) Research and Evaluation Strategy Articles (2) Resource Reviews. Manuscripts are accepted at anytime.
- Call for papers --You are cordially invited to submit or recommend
an article to the
(Health, ISSN: 1949-5005), a fast track peer-reviewed and open access academic
journal, which is published by Scientific Research Publishing (SCIRP). Health
covers many aspects in
and more detailed information can be found at:
- Journal of Infant, Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy. Kirland Vaughn, Ed. See
- The Journal for Social Action in Counseling and Psychology (JSACP), the new electronic journal, is accepting manuscripts in English and Spanish that promote reflection on community change and system transformation in which counselors and psychologists play a role. Appropriate manuscripts may include social action research, theory, as well as examples of transformative practice. JSACP is an official publication of Psychologists for Social Responsibility (PsySR) and Counselors for Social Justice (CSJ). This electronic journal upholds highest academic and professional standards and is published twice a year electronically (pdf) with articles in either English or Spanish. Manuscripts are reviewed through a masked, peer review process. For editorial policy and other information, visit
http://www.psysr.org/social-action.htm. Tod Sloan and Rebecca Toporek, Editors.
- School Mental Health: A Multidisciplinary Research and Practice Journal is a forum for the latest research related to prevention and treatment practices that are associated with the education system and target children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral disorders. The journal publishes empirical studies, theoretical papers, and review articles from authors representing the many disciplines that are involved in school mental health.
Editor-in-Chief: Steven W. Evans, Published by Springer US. See
http://www.springer.com/psychology/child+%26+school+psychology/journal/12310 for more information.
Back to Top
calendar of meetings on mental health resources.
|Want more information?
Want to connect?
Want to be on our mailing list?
Click here to sign up.
School Mental Health Project-UCLA
Web Master: Perry Nelson