TOPIC: Zero Tolerance
The following represents a
sample of information to get you started and is not meant to be exhaustive.
(Note: Clicking on the following
links causes a new window to be opened. To return to this window, close
the newly opened one.)
Center Developed Resources and Tools
Relevant Publications on the Internet
Related Agencies and Websites
Relevant Publications That Can Be Obtained through Libraries
Are School Zero-tolerance Policies Effective? (At Issue Series) (2007). Greenhaven Press
- "Racial Profiling and Punishment in U.S. Public Schools: How Zero Tolerance Policies and High Stakes Testing Subvert Academic Excellence and Racial Equity. by Johnson, Tammy, & others(2001). Oakland, Calif: Applied Research Center
- The Color of Discipline: Sources of Racial and Gender Disproportionality in School Punishment by Skiba, Russell, & Others(2000). Bloomington, Ind: Indiance Education Policy Center
- The History of "Zero Tolerance" in American Public Schooling. By Kafka, J. (2011). Palgrave MacMillan.
- "The Pros and Cons of Zero Tolerance" by First, J. Ewing, C.P. (2000). Harvard Education Letter Research
- Zero Tolerance Policies in Schools. by P. Daniels. (2009). Greenhaven Press.
- Zero Tolerance: Resisting the Drive for Punishment by Ayers, Rick, & Eds. (2001). New York: The New Press
- "Zero Tolerance: Unfair, With Little Resource" by Brown, J. Losen, D. & Wald, J.(2001). Zero Tolerance: Can Suspension and Explusion Keep Schools Safe?San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- "Zero Tolerance, Zero Evidence: An Analysis of School Disciplinary Practice" by Skiba, Russell. (2000). Phi Delta Kappan Bloomington, Ind: Indiana Education Policy Center
We hope these resources
met your needs. If not, feel free to contact us for further assistance.For
additional resources related to this topic, use our search
page to find people, organizations, websites and documents. You may
also go to our technical
assistance page for more specific technical assistance requests.
If our website has been helpful, we are pleased and
encourage you to use our site or contact our Center in the future.
At the same time, you can do your own technical assistance with "The
fine Art of Fishing" which we have developed as an aid for do-it-yourself