TOPIC: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
The following represents a
sample of information to get you started and is not meant to be exhaustive.
(Note: Clicking on the following
links causes a new window to be opened. To return to this window, close
the newly opened one.)
Center Developed Documents, Resources and Tools
Other Relevant Documents, Resources, and Tools on the Internet
Guides to Practice
Quick Training Aid
Resource Aid Packet
Related Agencies and Websites
Relevant Publications That Can Be Obtained through Libraries
Diagnosis and Treatment
Facts and Information
- "A Comparison of treatments in children with ADHD" By Huffman, Grace B. (2000). In American Family Physician May, 61(9): p2839.
- "A conceptual model of child psychopathology: Implications for understanding attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and treatment efficacy." Rapport, Mark D.; Chung, Kyong-Mee; Shore, Gail; Isaacs, Patti . Journal of Clinical Child Psychology. Lawrence Erlbaum Assoc: US, 2001 Mar. 30 (1): p. 48-58.
- "Age-Dependent decline of symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Impact of Remission Definition and Symptom Type" By Biederman, Joseph; Mick, Eric; Faraone, Stephen V. (2000). In American Journal of Psychiatry May, 157(5): p816 (3 pages).
- "Assessing attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder." Anastopoulos, Arthur D.; Shelton, Terri L. Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers: New York, NY, US, 2001. xvi, 349pp.
- "Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder." Casat, Charles D.; Pearson, Deborah A.; Casat, Jeanette Pierret. In: H. Booney Vance, Ed; Andres Pumariega, Ed. Clinical assessment of child and adolescent behavior. John Wiley & Sons, Inc: New York, NY, US, 2001. p. 263-306 of xvi, 557pp.
- "Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: Clinical features." Solanto, Mary V. In: Mary V. Solanto, Ed; Amy Frances Torrance Arnsten, Ed; et al. Stimulant drugs and ADHD: Basic and clinical neuroscience.. Oxford University Press: New York, NY, US, 2001. p. 3-30 of xii, 410pp.
- "Children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: Peer relationships and peer-oriented interventions." Mrug, Sylvie; Hoza, Betsy; Gerdes, Alyson C. In: Douglas W. Nangle, Ed; Cynthia A. Erdley, Ed. The role of friendship in psychological adjustment. Jossey-Bass Inc, Publishers: San Francisco, CA, US, 2001. p. 51-77 of 112pp. Series title: New directions for child and adolescent development, No. 91.
- "Clinical effects of stimulant medication in ADHD." Greenhill, Laurence L. In: Mary V. Solanto, Ed; Amy Frances Torrance Arnsten, Ed; et al. Stimulant drugs and ADHD: Basic and clinical neuroscience.. Oxford University Press: New York, NY, US, 2001. p. 31-71 of xii, 410pp.
- "Comorbidity of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder with early- and late-onset Bipolar Disorder" By Sachs, Gary S.; Baldassano, Claudia F.; Truman, Christine J.; and Guille, Constance (2000). In American Journal of Psychiatry March, 157(3): p466 (3 pages).
- "Does My Child Need Ritalin? Stimulants are still the most effective treatment for ADHD. The challenge is to use them wisely." (2000). In Newsweek April, 135(17): p81.
- "Evidence-Based Psychological Treatments for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder" By Pelham, William E., Jr. and Fabiano, Gregory A.(2008). In Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology (37):1. 184-214.
- "Fighting an unknown enemy: ADHD" By Eldridge, Ken (2000). In Education Digest Feb, 65(5): p7 (3 pages).
- "Findings from the NIMH Multimodal Treatment Study of ADHD (MTA): Implications and applications for primary care providers. "Jensen, Peter S.; Hinshaw, Stephen P.; Swanson, James M.; Greenhill, Laurence L.; Conners, C. Keith; Arnold, L. Eugene; Abikoff, Howard B.; Elliott, Glen; Hechtman, Lily; Hoza, Betsy; March, John S.; Newcorn, Jeffrey H.; Severe, Joanne B.; Vitiello, Benedetto; Wells, Karen; Wigal, Timothy. Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: US, 2001 Feb. 22 (1): p. 60-73.
- "Homework success for children with ADHD: A family-school intervention program." Power, Thomas J.; Karustis, Janes L.; Habboushe, Dina F. The Guilford Press: New York, NY, US, 2001. xviii, 232pp. Series title: The Guilford school practitioner series.
- "Learning and Attention Disorders in Adolescence and Adulthood: Assessment and Treatment." Goldstein, Sam; Naglieri, Jack A. and DeVries, Melissa. Wiley: US, 2011. 656pp.
- "Making sense of Ritalin" By Pekkanen, John (2000) In Reader's Digest Jan, 156(933): p152 (7 pages).
- "Medicating Children" By Mayes, Rick; Bagwell, Catherine; Erkulwater, Jennifer. Harvard University Press (2009).
- "Power parenting for children with ADD/ADHD: A practical parent's guide for managing difficult behaviors" (2000) Review In Adolescence Spring, 35(137): p223.
- "Social functioning and emotional regulation in the Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder subtypes" By Maedgen, Jennifer W. and Carlson, Caryn L (2000). In Journal of Clinical Child Psychology March, 29(1): p30 (13 pages).
- "Treating children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder."Anastopoulos, Arthur D.; Klinger, Erika E.; Temple, E. Paige. In: Jan N. Hughes, Ed; Annette Marie La Greca, Ed; et al. Handbook of psychological services for children and adolescents.. Oxford University Press: New York, NY, US, 2001. p. 245-266 of x, 485pp.
- "Treatment outcomes with low income children and adolescents with attention deficit." Ralph, Norbert B.; Oman, Douglas; Forney, Willard .Children & Youth Services Review. Elsevier Science Inc: US, 2001 Feb. 23 (2): p. 145-167
- "Visual behaviour of ADHD children during an attention test: an almost forgotten variable" By Borger, Norbert and Moore, Jaap van der (2000). In Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry and Allied Disciplines May, 41(4): p525 (8 pages).
- "What does the MTA study tell us about effective psychosocial treatment for ADHD?" Greene, Ross W.; Ablon, J. Stuart . Journal of Clinical Child Psychology. Lawrence Erlbaum Assoc: US, 2001 Mar. 30 (1): p. 114-121.
We hope these resources
met your needs. If not, feel free to contact us for further assistance. For
additional resources related to this topic, use our search
page to find people, organizations, websites and documents. You may
also go to our technical
assistance page for more specific technical assistance requests.
If our website has been helpful, we are pleased and
encourage you to use our site or contact our Center in the future.
At the same time, you can do your own technical assistance with "The
fine Art of Fishing" which we have developed as an aid for do-it-yourself