The following represents a sample of information to get you started and is not meant to be exhaustive.
(Note: Clicking on the following links causes a new window to be opened. To return to this window, close the newly opened one).
Center Developed Documents, Resources, and Tools
Other Relevant Documents, Resources, and Tools on the Internet
Continuing Education Modules
Guides and Guidance/Practice Notes
Quick Training Aids
Technical Aid Packets
Role of Professionals
Related Agencies and Websites
Relevant Publications that Can Be Obtained Libraries
- The Best Interests of the Student: Applying Ethical Constructs to Legal Cases in Education. By Jacqueline A. Stefkovich. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates (2006)..
- Dictionary of Ethical and Legal Terms and Issues: The Essential Guide for Mental Health Professionalss. By Len Sperry. Brunner-Routledge: 2006..
- Ethical & Legal Issues in School Counseling, Second Edition. By Theodore Remley, Mary A. Hermann, & Wayne C. Huey. America School Couseling Association (2003)..
- Ethics and Law for School Psychologists. By Susan Jacob, Timothy S. Hartshorne. Wiley (2006)..
- Ford CA and English A. Limiting confidentiality of adolescent health services. What are the risks??
Journal of the American Medical Associationn. 2002; 288: 752-753..
- Guidelines for Protecting Confidential Student Health Informationn. By Oddonne, Angela & Rubin, Marcia (2000). American School Health Association (ASHA). To order online pleasee
visit the ASHA websitee. (Go to "Publications" and then to "School Nurse/Health Services Material")..
- Morreale MC, Stinnett AJ, and Dowling EC, eds.. Policy Compendium on Confidential Health Services for Adolescents, 2nd Edition..Chapel Hill, NC: Center for Adolescent Health and the Law, 2005..
- The Principal's Quick-Reference Guide to School Law: Reducing Liability, Litigation, and Other Potential Legal Tangles. By Dennis R. Dunklee and Robert J. Shoop. Corwin Press (2006)..
- Therapy with Children: Children's Rights, Confidentiality and the Law (Ethics in Practice Series)). By Daniels, D. & Jenkins, P. (2010). Sage Pub. Print..
Also, see our Center Response Quick Find page onn
LEGAL AND ETHICAL ISSUES IN SCHOOL HEALTH/MENTAL HEALTHH, or our Center Response Quick Find page onn
MEMORANDA OF AGREEMENTS (INCLUDING JOINT AGENCY AGREEMENT, MOUS)).
We hope these resources met your needs. If not, feel free
to contact us for further assistance. For additional resources related to
this topic, use ourr searchhpage to find people, organizations, websites and documents. You may
also go to ourr technical
assistance pageefor more specific technical assistance requests..
If our website has been helpful, we are pleased and encourage
you to use our site or contact our Center in the future. At the same
time, you can do your own technical assistance with ""The
Fine Art of Fishingg" which we have developed as an aid for do-it-yourself