Toolkit for Rebuilding Student Supports into
a Comprehensive System for
Addressing Barriers to Learning and Teaching
Q & A Talking Points
These brief set of notes addresses five frequently asked questions that arise in discussing efforts to ensure schools have a Comprehensive Learning Supports System in place.
All five questions are addressed in two overlapping sets of notes:
- Why is a Comprehensive Learning Supports System an imperative?
- What needs to be done to make such a component a reality?
- What does such a component need to look like at a school?
- What's the research-base for such a component?
- What will it cost?
- Why a Comprehensive Learning Supports System?
- Why Address What's Missing in School Improvement Planning?
Other brief documents that embellish the answers:
Two related "White Papers" with a set of talking points that can be used for brief presentations to administrators, school boards, etc.
- Examples of White Papers
Developed for the
National Initiative for
Transforming Student and Learning Supports