TOPIC: Staffing Student Support Services: New Directions
The following represents a
sample of information to get you started and is not meant to be exhaustive.
(Note: Clicking on the following
links causes a new window to be opened. To return to this window, close
the newly opened one.)
Center Developed Documents, Resources, and Tools
Relevant Documents, Resources, and Tools on the Internet
Related Agencies and Websites
Fact & Info Sheets and Guidance Notes
Continuing Education Module
Center Policy & Program Analysis Briefs and Notes
Guides to Practices
Resource Aid Packets
Quick Training Aids
Adelman, H.S. (1996). Restructuring Education Support Services: Toward the Concept of an Enabling Component. Kent, OH: American School Health Association. (Reprint available from our Center).
- Adelman, H.S. & Taylor, L.(2002). Building Comprehensive, Multifaceted, and Integrated Approaches to Addressing Barriers to Student Learning. Childhood Education, 78(5), 261-268
- Adelman, H.S. & Taylor, L.(2002). Impediments to Enhancing Availability of Mental Health Services in Schools: Fragmentation, Overspecialization, Counterproductive Competition, and Marginalization. Paper commissioned by the National Association of School Psychologists and the ERIC Clearinghouse on Counseling and Student Services (ERIC/CASS). Published by the ERIC/CASS Clearinghouse.
- Adelman, H.S. & Taylor, L. (1998). Mental Health in Schools: Moving Forward. School Psychology Review, 27(2), 175-190.
- Adelman, H.S. & Taylor, L.(1997). Restructuring education support services and integrating community resources: Beyond the full service school model. School Psychology Review, 25, 431-445
- Adelman, H.S., Taylor, L., Bradley, B. & Lewis, K.D.(1997). Mental Health in Schools: Expanded Opportunities for School Nurses. Journal of School Nursing, 13(3), 6-12.
- Rosenblum, DiCecco, Taylor, & Adelman (1995). Upgrading School Support Programs through Collaboration: Resource Coordinating Teams. In: Social Work in Education, 17, 117-124
- Adelman, H.S. & Taylor, L. (1999). Involving Teachers in Collaborative Efforts to Better Address Barriers to Student LearningPreventing School Failure, 42, 55-60
- Adelman, H.S., & Taylor, L. (2002). School Counselors and School Reform: New Directions. Professional School Counseling, 5, 235-248.
- Adelman, H.S., & Taylor, L. (2006). Want to Work With Schools? What is Involved in Successful Linkages? The School Services Sourcebook: A Guide for Social Workers, Counselors, and Mental Health Professionals, Oxford University Press
For updated references to this topic, go to Google Scholar
We hope these resources met your needs. If not, feel free to contact us for further assistance. For additional resources related to this topic, use our search page to find organizations, websites and documents. You may also go to our technical assistance page or contact email@example.com for more specific technical assistance requests.
If our website has been helpful, we are pleased and encourage you to use our site or contact our Center in the future.