- Adelman, H.S. & Taylor, L. (in press). Ethical Issues in Addressing Mental Health Concerns in Schools. In M.M. Leach & E. R. Welfel (Eds.), The Cambridge handbook of applied psychological ethics. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Adelman, H.S. & Taylor, L. (2014). Best Practices in the Use of Learning Supports Leadership Teams to Enhance Learning Supports (pp. 181-196). In Best Practices in School Psychology: System-Level Services, published by the National Association of School Psychologists. For personal use only.
- Taylor, L. & Adelman, H. S. (2013). Mental Health in Schools: Opportunities and Challenges. In The Praeger Handbook of Community Mental Health Practice. Praeger. Vol. 2, Chapter 5, pp. 85-100
- Adelman, H. S. & Taylor, L. (2012). Student Engagement and Disengagement: An Intrinsic Motivation Perspective and a Mental Health Concern )pp. 49-75). In J. Waller (ed) Mental Health Promotion in Schools. Sharjah, UAE: BenthemScience. (prepub. version -- for personal use only)
- Adelman, H. S. & Taylor, L.(2012). Addressing trauma and other barriers to learning and teaching: Developing a comprehensive system of intervention. In E. Rossen & R. Hull (Eds), Supporting and Educating Traumatized Students: A Guide for School-Based Professionals. New York: Oxford University Press. Chapter 18, pp. 265-286
- Adelman, H. S. & Taylor, L.(in press) Creating Successful School Systems Requires Addressing Barriers to Learning and Teaching. In Creating Successful School Systems: Voices from the University, the Field and the Community (2nd edition). J. Dale and F. Duffy (Eds) Christopher-Gordon Publishers, Inc.: Norwood, MA
- Adelman, H. S. & Taylor, L. (2010). Placing Prevention into the Context of School Improvement (pp. 19-44). In B. Doll, W. Pfohl, & J. Yoon (eds) Handbook of Youth Prevention Science. New York: Routledge.
- Adelman, H. S. & Taylor, L. (2008). Ending the Marginalization of Mental Health in Schools: A comprehensive Approach (pp. 25-54). In R. Christner & R. Mennuti (Eds.). School-Based Mental Health: A practitioner's Guide to Comparative Practices. Routledge Publishing
- Adelman, H. S. & Taylor, L. (2008). School-wide Approaches to Addressing Barriers to Learning and Teaching (pp. 277-306). In B. Doll & J. Cummings (Eds.), Transforming School Mental Health Services: Population-based Approaches to Promoting the Competency and Wellness of Children. Corwin Press.
- Adelman, H. S. & Taylor, L. (2008). School Improvement: A Systemic View of What's Missing and What to Do About It (pp. 55-76). In B. Despres (Ed.), Systems Thinkers in Action: A Field Guide for Effective Change Leadership in Education. Rowman & Littelfield
- Adelman, H. S. & Taylor, L. (2008). Best Practices in the Use of Resource Teams to Enhance Learning Supports (pp. 1679-1706). In A. Thomas & J. Grimes (Eds.), Best Practices in School Psychology
- Adelman, H.S., & Taylor, L. (2006). Mapping a school's resources to improve their use in preventing and ameliorating problems (pp. 977=990). In C. Franklin, M. B. Harris, & P. Allen-Mears (Eds.), The school services sourcebook: A guide for school-based professionals. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Taylor, L., & Adelman, H.S. (2006). Want to work with schools? What's involved in successful linkages? (pp. 955-969). In C. Franklin, M. B. Harris, & P. Allen-Mears (Eds.), The school services sourcebook: A guide for school-based professionals. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Adelman, H.S., & Taylor, L. (2006). Reorganizing student supports to enhance equity (pp. 680-694). In E. Lopez, G. Esquivel, & S. Nahari (Eds.), Handbook of multicultural school psychology. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Taylor, L., & Adelman, H.S. (2004). Advancing mental health in schools: Guiding frameworks and strategic approaches (pp. 1-22). In K. Robinson (Ed.), Advances in school-based mental health. Creative Research Institute.
- Adelman, H.S., & Taylor, L. (2003). Toward a comprehensive policy vision for mental health in schools. (pp. 23-44) In M. Weist, S. Evans, & N. Lever (Eds.), Handbook of school mental health programs. NY: Kluwer.
- Taylor, L., & Adelman, H.S. (2003). School-community relations: Policy and practice. (pp. 107-132). In Fishbaugh, et al., (Eds.), Ensuring safe school environments: Exploring issues� seeking solutions. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Taylor, L., & Adelman, H.S. (2001). Enlisting appropriate parental cooperation and involvement in children's mental health treatment. (pp. 219-224)In E.R. Welfel & R.E. Ingersoll (Eds.), The mental health desk reference. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Adelman, H.S. (1998). School counseling, psychological, and social services. (pp. 142-168) In E. Marx & S.F. Wooley, with D. Northrop (Eds.), Health is academic: A Guide to coordinated school health programs. Teachers College Press.
- Adelman, H.S. (1996). Appreciating the classification dilemma. In W. Stainback & S. Stainback (Eds.), Controversial issues confronting special education: Divergent Perspectives. Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
Click here to return to resources & publications by format page
Click here to download the catalogue (in PDF Format)
Home Page Search Table of Contents Send email
WebMaster: Perry Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org)