Resources for Responding to and coping with Hurricane related events
Responding To Students
- Recovery: After a Hurricane
- Emergency Resources Index (from the Santa Cruz County Office of Education)
- The National Insitute for Trauma and Loss in Children
- A Format for Conducting Discussions Among Students about Hurricane Katrina
For Relief Workers, Planners and Health Professionals
A Few Other General Resources
- The following all can be linked to from the CDC site at: http://www.bt.cdc.gov/mentalhealth/
- Disaster Mental Health Primer: Key Principles, Issues and Questions New! Aug 30 Overview of general principles, reactions to disasters...
- Disaster Mental Health for Responders: Key Principles, Issues and Questions New! Aug 30 Responders needs, reactions, symptoms in a disaster...
- Disaster Mental Health for States: Key Principles, Issues and Questions New! Aug 30 What should happen in the first four weeks, roles, reaction in a disasters...
- Coping With a Traumatic Event � For Health Professionals
- Information to help health professionals deal with the mental health both of themselves & of their patients during & after a traumatic event Field Manual for Mental Health and Human Service Workers in Major Disasters Resources from SAMHSA, HHS
- Self-Care Tips for Emergency and Disaster Response Workers Resources from SAMHSA, HHS
- Surviving Field Stress for First Responders Webcast. Describes stress, coping with field related stress, and information for families of responders......
- Traumatic Incident Stress: Information for Emergency Response Workers Developed by the National Institute for Occupational Health (NIOSH), CDC
- Stress Management for Health Care Providers PDF (79.4 KB/1 page) Developed by the Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress, Uniformed Services University School of Health
- Disaster Psychiatry (from the American Psychiatric Assoc.)
- Disasters & Emergencies (DHHS)
- Emergency Planning- U.S. Department of Education
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- National Center for Homeless Education